Saturday, March 7, 2015

Amazing Grace

End of this month marks my one year of work life in KK. Time flies. Moments of farewell with friends in Sandakan are still clear in my mind as if it was yesterday. Since it’s been quite some time since my last post, let me just summarise all the ups and downs in one post. It’s going to be a long post, so be ready. 

Being here for one year, although I knew it’s not going to be easy, I never thought there are so much more than hard. I need more time than a normal person would need to blend in. Lots of things happened in this one year. One unexpected thing was mom’s misfortune. However, I have to salute her for her strength in facing it. She is the unfortunate one, yet she is much stronger than anyone of us. Her faith in God is so strong. Thank God. God is looking after us every now and then. He has planned everything. Yes, I mean everything! His amazing grace is more than anything we could ever imagine. And how do we get this? Thank God it’s free! Just believe Him, that’s all.

We won’t realise all these until we look back one day and couldn’t stop thanking God about it. I feel like I was planned to come earlier to KK. After I settled down for like less than two months, the unexpected news came. Dad had to bring mom to KK hospital. It took them few weeks to discover the real problem. Mom had to move from one hospital to another. Due to her unusual case, she had been arranged to undergo operation without having to go through a long queue which is a common thing in government hospital. Her surgeon is one of the best doctors in Sabah, or Malaysia, I’m not really sure. She is a great person and she had gained prestige within the whole hospital. Thank God we’ve met her. In just around one and a half month, the operation was done successfully and mom will need to come back for treatment every month. Thank God treatment will end soon. During all these moments, God placed a lot of angels in our life. My aunt who stays in KK cooked almost every day for mom and dad. Sis was married the previous year and due to this, we’ve got new relatives who also stay in KK. This family sometimes cooked breakfast for mom and even lend his car to dad. Dad’s friend opened up one of his room for them to stay whenever they come back for treatment and that place is nearer to hospital which is really convenient. There were many other people who visited us, encouraged us, helped us and prayed for us. Thank God for all these angels in our life.

Coming to KK, it also means getting used to the work life with the plus-one. Things was not as easy as I thought. Any issue could possibly end up in an argument. We are still trying to get used to this life. Anyway, things are getting better now. I believe God will continue to lead our way.

Enough of stressful stories, let’s talk about happy moments. I had went to several trips last year. One of them was when 4 folks from Kuching came to visit me in KK. We went around KK and Kundasang. This triple trip was a short trip but we did enjoyed a lot, especially having steamboat at Kundasang.


Another trip was going to Taiwan. Till now, I still couldn’t believe I’d actually went to Taiwan. My same-mind-friend and I had been talking about it ever since we booked our tickets a year before the trip. The best thing of travelling with friends is when everyone has the same objective. We had lots of fun and learnt a lot of new things during the trip. Thank God everything went according to plan. It was really an unforgettable trip.


Next, it was the short Star Cruise trip with the plus-one celebrating our 5 years anniversary. Thank God for looking after us for the past 5 years. May God continue to bless us in everything we do, give us wisdom in facing any obstacles in our relationship. 


The last trip was road trip to Brunei and Miri with the plus-one’s family. Celebrated Christmas and birthday there.
 

During Chinese New Year, I went back to Sandakan for a week and had wonderful moments with family, relatives and friends. It is always the best to be home after being stressed out working and staying away from home for some time. It is a place where everyone understands you and cares for you. In addition, we have a new member this Chinese New Year, my little niece. She is so cute and adorable. Love her so much. Thank God for placing her in our family. May she grows healthily and happily in the arms of God.


Oh yea. Before I forget, I couldn’t left out this amazing day. It was last week when Danny and I went to Suria for a movie. The time when we were queueing up to buy tickets, there was a girl in front of us, she had reached the ticket counter, and then all of a sudden, she turned back and gave us a voucher which can be used for a free movie for one person. We was stunned, and we just thanked her. When we reached the counter, we asked the receptionist on how to get that voucher. She told us that the voucher is for sale where people buy and use it as a gift. We wonder why that girl didn’t use it but gave us instead. And so, we bought 2 tickets but paid for one person. Before the movie started, we planned to buy Yoyo. Danny went to the bank while I went to Yoyo alone. I ordered and paid for two drinks. After I got my drinks, I tried to check if it’s correct. Suddenly, one of my drinks dropped on the floor, the whole plastic cup burst. The drink was all over the floor. Feeling helpless, I queued up again planning to buy another cup. After a while, the Yoyo girl handed me another cup with the drink I ordered without needing to pay. I was stunned again and thanked her. It was an amazing day with amazing grace from God. 

So that’s conclude my one year summary. Thank you for your patience in reading this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment