Wednesday, September 14, 2011

An anxious day

This afternoon, I went to Student Information Centre (SIC) to get my validity sticker. In the meantime, I requested the staff to check whether they have exempted my MPW subjects which are Moral Studies and Malaysian Studies, just in case they didn't due to their bad management. What a shock when she told me that I have not been exempted from these subjects. As I remember, during the registration in August 2009, I gave the letter of passing the MPW subjects to the person that entertained me and that person took it, settled it and returned it back to me without any written or printed confirmation. I thought it was settled. I even went to SIC to ask for confirmation and one of the staff that time told me that if I had let them see the letter, then it will be okay. She didn't use the computer to check. Since she answered me confidently, then I supposed that it will be okay because I was just a new student there knowing nothing about Swinburne's history. However, today SIC told me that I have not been exempted?? The staff asked me about the person who entertained me that day. How am I suppose to remember since I was only a new student that time? My friend told me that probably is the marketing department and I came to know that SIC never communicate with marketing department even though they are working in the same university. I was so angry with them and at the same time feared that I might have to retake the subjects. I told myself that I will never ever trust marketing department anymore.

The SIC staff asked me to submit the exemption form together with the photocopy of the letter and they will get the approval from the coordinator of MPW. However, I was still worry because getting the approval might need a week or two. I need to worry for so many days? What if the coordinator doesn't approve? I have only two semesters left and definitely this semester I couldn't enrol anymore as the enrolment has already past and I can only take one MPW per semester. That means I have to delay my graduation? I was so worried. Anyhow, I have to solve this problem. I don't want to retake it! It's a silly thing to do! So, I decided to take a shorter and more reliable step which is to find the coordinator with the documents needed. From the start of the incident, I never stop praying. When I went to the coordinator's room, she was not there. I continued to pray hoping that I could find her. After a while, I decided to find a person in the marketing department which I heard that he might be able to help. After a few steps away from the coordinator's office, I saw the coordinator coming down the stairs walking back to her office. Thank God.

When I asked her to confirm that she is the MPW coordinator, she was so kind and invited me to go into her office, sat down and talked slowly. She sounds so nice. Haha. Then, I told her about my problems. After she saw the letter, she took out a list of IPTS school and started searching for Institut Sinaran where I took my MPW. It was there! Then she told me it is okay, she will approve it, but what I need to do is submit it to the SIC because only they have the chop to confirm that my document is real, and after that only she will be able to approve it. She even told me that it is good that I did some follow up. She asked me to continue following up to see whether the SIC will send me email about the approval, and if I still haven't get the email after maybe one or two weeks, I will have to ask them. What a relief after getting such confirmation. So, I did what she said and now I am waiting for the email. Again, I couldn't stop thanking God.

By the way, I feel sorry for the SIC staff. Everything that is handled by the marketing department, when anything happens, SIC have to take the blame. I kept complaining that time and showed her my unsatisfied and "sienz" look. I think she felt frustrated because at first, she talked nicely. But after that, the reaction on her face changed and she started to talk seriously to me (with some fake smile) about how am I able to solve the problem. Haha. Sorry ba. =P

I learn the moral of the story that I should always do some follow up especially in Swinburne because I could not trust their management. They never communicate with each other. Anyway, I still and will always trust God for He did and will do great things in my life. This incident reminds me that how powerful, strong and great God He is.

2 comments:

  1. Thank God you're not from Tar College. Tee hee hee. Ohh! Now I remember another new nickname. Bak Cho! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!! Thank God!! muahahahaha!!! Bak Cho? what does it mean?

    ReplyDelete